From flicking a light switch to opening your garage door with a remote control, our homes have been automated for decades. The concept goes as far back as the 1934 World's Fair in Chicago where the "home of the future" was unveiled. In the last 80 years, however, the automated home has morphed into the smart home, courtesy of the Internet, sensors and connectivity. The modern automated home can do more than turn on our heating and our lights--it can actually think for us.
Stories by Jennifer Tuohy
Three years ago most people barely even thought about their air conditioning, until it didn't work. Then along came NEST, the smart thermostat that opened up a whole new world of home control, and most importantly, money savings. Suddenly, the state of your indoor climate was dinner-table conversation. Get ready to start talking about your water heater.
- Front-End Developer NSW
- DevOps Engineer NSW
- New Relic Integration Consultant NSW
- Java Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location) VIC
- SEPM Security Engineer WA
- Junior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location) NSW
- Technical Field Engineer NSW
- Senior Data Analyst NSW
- Storage & Data Protection Team Lead ACT
- Software Developer (Ruby on Rails) NSW