Dell has agreed to buy virtualized storage vendor Compellent Technologies in an all-cash deal worth US$27.75 per share, a little more than the $27.50 per share price tag it was discussing with the company last week, but still lower than the stock's Monday-morning opening price of $28.30.
Stories by Chris Kanaracus and Peter Sayer
The bidding war for storage vendor 3PAR continued to escalate Friday, with Hewlett-Packard submitting a new offer of US$30 per share, or $2 billion. The offer topped a $27 per share bid made by Dell earlier in the day.
Hewlett-Packard has offered to buy 3PAR, a vendor of virtualized storage systems, for US$1.6 billion in cash, topping a bid of $1.15 billion made by Dell last Monday.
SAP's revenue fell in the third quarter, but earnings rose -- although neither figure was as high as analysts had hoped. The company said it expected the decline in software and software-related service revenue to continue.
- Senior Technical Specialist ? Middleware Lead VIC
- Internet Applications Developer - DevOps NSW
- Perl Developer - DevOps NSW
- Helpdesk Technician NSW
- SAP ABAP CRM Developer VIC
- Senior Analyst Programmer C++ - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney NSW
- SAP ABAP CRM Developer QLD
- ICT Security Analyst ACT
- Network Engineer NSW