Microsoft will base support for the final OpenXML standard on customer demand. The market leader at this point prefers to move its clients to cloud computing, said Stephen Elop, president of Microsoft's Business Division. He considers cloud offerings a good extension of the desktop software that Microsoft currently sells.
Stories by Brenno de Winter
Countries negotiating the secretive Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement are clashing over a proposed three-strikes regulation, the legal basis for such a treaty and the lack of transparency in the process, according to newly leaked documents.
Researchers have published a cryptographic algorithm and source code that could be used to duplicate smart cards used by several major transit systems, including Boston's Charlie Card and the London Oyster card.
Researchers at Finnish security firm Outpost 24 claim to have discovered a flaw in the Internet Protocol that can disrupt any computer or server. After keeping the flaw quiet for years, the researchers hope that going public will help accelerate the creation of a solution.
A privacy feature built into the second beta version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 browser aren't as private as advertised.
Authorities in the Netherlands have arrested a 19-year-old man and his 16-year-old brother for running and selling a botnet.
- Software Engineer SA
- The job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now Expired QLD
- Gun Java Developers wanted (move to Melbourne) NSW
- Senior Java Developer VIC
- Applications Support/ DevOps Engineer QLD
- MS-SQL Designer and DB2 Designer - Two roles VIC
- Underground Communication Systems Specialist - Brisbane or Adelaide WA
- Network Architect VIC
- Security Engineer (IPS & Firewall) - Perm - IT Services - Sydney NSW
- Dynamic CRM Developer QLD