IT hiring by the federal government is trending downward, with fewer jobs posted each month this year than last year, according to a Computerworld analysis of employment data.
Stories by Patrick Thibodeau and Sharon Machlis
The largest single users of H-1B visas are offshore outsourcers, many of which are based in India, or, if U.S. based, have most employees located overseas, according to government data obtained and analyzed by Computerworld.
Offshore outsourcing firms rely heavily on the H-1B visa to deliver services, and the chart accompanying this story provide data on the top users of the visa since 2009.
Offshore outsourcing companies continued to make up the majority of the top 10 H-1B visa users in 2011, according to new government data. These offshore firms have been adding employees by the thousands as their revenues increase.
Unemployment rates for older IT workers increased during the recession faster than they did for younger employees, according to new U.S. government labor data obtained by Computerworld. But that's something that Maribeth McIntyre, an IT professional with some 30 years of experience, already suspected.
- Software Developer NSW
- Cyber Security Architect Other
- Genesys Consultant ACT
- PHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake) VIC
- AIX System Administration ? UNIX VIC
- Senior Java Developer ACT
- SQL / .Net Developers (1 Snr & 2 Mid Level) WA
- Network Engineer (Juniper) NSW
- Junior Analyst (Law Graduate opportunity) NSW
- Engineer Control Systems Specialist SA