Alternative titles like chief digital officer and chief technology officer muddy the situation and might even dilute authority.
Stories by Paul M. Ingevaldson
The IT department should behave like every other department in the company and forthrightly explain what it is up to. Insider (registration required)
No two IT shops conduct business in the same way: CIOs report to various executives, project approval processes are all over the board, and personnel policies are vastly different. Unlike other professions, IT doesn't seem to have a common set of basic principles across companies.
Today's topic is the question I most often received as an IT manager: "Why can't I get promoted?"
- Network Engineer ACT
- Intel Active Directory Specialist NSW
- Senior DevOps Lead VIC
- Software Engineer SA
- Senior Application Specialist NSW
- Integration Specialist NSW
- Infrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical Industry VIC
- Test Analyst QLD
- Applications Development Delivery Lead VIC
- Service Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positions VIC