When it comes to some aspects of finding a job by social networking, such as online reputation management, Sean Ryan, senior vice president of engineering and a hiring manager at online measurement tools vendor Lyris, has a completely opposite view than most. The vast majority of recruiting professionals say it's important to make sure there's nothing online that could be too personal or embarrassing or that might turn off potential employers doing a background check.
Stories by David Ramel
US cable TV giant and Internet service provider Comcast has been accused of blocking -- or at least throttling -- traffic from subscribers trying to share files through the popular BitTorrent peer-to-peer network.
- PHP Developer QLD
- Temporary ICT Support Analyst ACT
- Middleware Developer - IBM Websphere QLD
- Wintel Engineer QLD
- Level 2/3 Application Support Specialist QLD
- Junior to Mid Level - Java Developer - Brisbane NSW
- Senior Security Consultant ACT
- Senior Data governance consultant VIC
- Business Analyst SA
- Test Analyst (SAP) SA