While no one questions the need to properly scan laptops when going through airport security, the requirement to remove them from their protective cases is a different story. "Naked" notebooks can easily get dropped, damaged, forgotten and even stolen outright. One study done for Dell estimated that about 12,000 laptops are lost in US airports every week -- a claim that has been challenged by the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Whatever the numbers are, you don't want your machine, with all its precious data, to become a statistic.
Stories by Becky Waring
Most online e-mail marketing companies offer professionally designed e-mail templates that are easy to customize with your own artwork and colors. E-mail marketing can help your business grow, but a misstep can cause you to lose customers for life. Avoid the pitfalls with these dos and don'ts.
Network security can be a thorny issue for small businesses because they generally lack pricey equipment and dedicated IT people who have the expertise to lock down a local area network. But addressing security is nevertheless essential: Just one customer data breach could easily wipe out a small business, and constantly battling viruses, spyware, and spam can sap employee productivity.
- Axway Developer ACT
- Linux Infrastructure Engineer - Telco industry VIC
- Front-End Developer NSW
- IT Cloud Engineer NSW
- Clinical IT Support Consultant - Medication Management - Permanent - North Ryde NSW
- New Relic Integration Consultant NSW
- Control Systems Specialist ACT
- Mid-level Drupal Developer - Brisbane NSW
- Junior to Mid Level - Java Developer - Brisbane NSW
- Level 1 Helpdesk Technician NSW