While telephony is, of course, a core component of any business communications system, one of the biggest drivers for UC adoption to date has been the promise of high resolution video communications. With high definition video playing an increasingly important role in corporate UC projects, the issue of network capacity takes centre stage.
Stories by David Binning
Last year Microsoft and Telstra agreed to work together on developing a UCaaS offering based on Microsoft OCS and supported by the carrier’s vast fixed and mobile broadband networks. Neither company would reveal exactly how many subscribers they have signed up, except to say that they have doubled the number of UCaaS services sold between June and December last year. Microsoft will soon announce an upgraded version of the service which supports Lync 2010.
One of the biggest barriers to UC in the enterprise he feels is the existence of expensive legacy equipment.
Research has shown consistently that the major bugbear of IT managers about unified communications (UC) is perceived cost.
- Automation Testing Consultant NSW
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer NSW
- SharePoint Developer - 2013 ACT
- Solutions Architect - CANBERRA BASED QLD
- IT Service Desk Support NSW
- Web Developer/ PHP Developer QLD
- Applications Support/ DevOps Engineer QLD
- Linux Engineer - Brisbane NSW
- Senior SQL Database Administrator VIC
- Solutions Architect - CANBERRA BASED VIC