Enterprise Architect - Network and Telecommunications
This large iconic Australian organisation is held in high regard by its global counterparts and is a leader in their field in Australia.
The Enterprise Architect - Network & Infrastructure will have the responsibility for developing, communicating and maintaining the telecommunications and infrastructure strategies, architecture, roadmaps and standards that support the organisation's ICT & Operational technology business requirements. This will be achieved by:
- Delivering and demonstrating value to the business through the delivery of key telecommunications and infrastructure strategies and architectures, as specified by Enterprise Architecture Program of Work
- Providing enterprise architecture governance, driving the delivery of immediate outcomes and championing the adoption of architectural standards across the organisation
- Developing, maintaining and taking full ownership of the organisation's ICT infrastructure strategy and roadmap, including project briefs, costing, risk assessments and other associated documentation
- Working closely with ICT and business units to align the infrastructure enterprise architecture domain with the ICT Strategy
- Delivering and maintaining infrastructure references models, guidelines and principles in line with the organisation's Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Providing technology architecture and blueprint consultation to solution architects, infrastructure architects and project managers throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring projects maintain an enterprise-wide view
- Providing vision into target state architectures and develop pragmatic roadmaps to support delivery of major strategic projects and programmes of work
- Supporting the management and execution of capacity management and planning processes for the in scope environments (including data centre and wide area network (Pinc) telecommunications networks), ensuring that sufficient capacity exists to maintain service quality
- Providing a balanced point of view when understanding the need for strategic and tactical investments
- Managing and supporting the mitigation and resolution of architectural issues and risks
- Identifying and evaluating new and emerging telecommunications and infrastructure technologies and associated services and providing appropriate advice to key stakeholders, the Manager of ICT and ICT Steering Committee
- Engaging with external consultants as required supporting the definition and delivery of the enterprise architecture program
- Degree qualifications in engineering, IT, computer science or similar discipline.
- Extensive experience in the design and deployment of large scale Enterprise and or Telco IP networks
- Demonstrated experience in developing, communicating and maintaining technology architectures, roadmaps, policies and standards;
- Broad experience in a wide range of information systems technologies and technical architectures;
- Solid experience with ITIL and Service Management;
- Demonstrated ability to lead senior technical staff in matrix management teams
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate, consult and persuade in a business and technical environment.
- Proven technical and interpersonal skills are required to develop sound communications options
- Ability to affect change through technical leadership.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
- Well-developed solution architect and technical skills across a broad range of communication and security technologies as they relate to Ausgrid's environment including (but not limited to):
- Cisco Enterprise LAN architecture and design
- Alcatel-Lucent IP MPLS architecture and design
- IP networking and addressing
- Enterprise routing and switching
- BGP, OSPF, RIP and EIGRP
- 802.1Q VLANs and loop avoidance techniques
- Network services including DHCP, NTP, DNS, TFTP, SYSLOG, RADIUS etc
- Firewall, load balancer technologies (F5 & Juniper)
- IP Telephony
- MPLS VPNs including Virtual Private LAN Service, IP-VPNs, Virtual Private Wire Service, Virtual Leased Lines
- Well-developed infrastructure architecture, solution design and technical skills across a broad range of infrastructure technologies as they relate to the organisation's environment including (but not limited to):
- hardware and data centre environments
- video/voice/data networks and related applications
- storage platforms and solutions
- standard operating environments (desktop, servers)
- system and network management platforms and utilities
- database technologies
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Eugene Pradhan
- Everything You Need to Know About Cyber Threats But Were Too Afraid To Ask: Download Now
- Network Professionals Survey with Computerworld Australia Enter this survey and you could WIN one (1) of two (2) Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128GB Tablet valued at AU$999 each. *Terms & Conditions Apply
- Translating Security Leadership into Board Value : Download Now
- Security Exhibition & Conference | Intelligent Strategies for Australia’s Security Industry 26-28 July 2017 | ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour | Find out more
- Advanced endpoint protection test report : Download Now
- CSO Webinar: Business Email Compromise | Head of Fraud Risk Strategy - ANZ Bank, Australian Centre for Cyber Security & more | Register now
- 22 Experts Share How to Communicate Security Program Effectiveness to Upper Management : Download Now
- Emerging Cyber Threat Summit | Cybersecurity strategy for business leaders in the digital age | 6-8 June | Sydney | Get the agenda