Software Engineer (Java with DevOps)
- Hybrid Permanent role - suit Java developer with DevOps capability
- Melbourne CBD location
- Fantastic product development company
Software Engineer (Java with DevOps), product dev org, 50% build, 50% measure, improve sys reliability, performance, Melb CBD, perm position
Are you a competent senior Java Software engineer with a passion and/ or experience in the DevOps space?
This cool, innovative and cutting edge product development company in Melbourne CBD is seeking a Software Reliability engineer to measure and improve their overall system reliability and performance. You will have prior knowledge and demonstrated commercial experience with providing visibility into ongoing health of payment platforms.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about agile processes, data-driven development, reliability and validated learning
- You have a Bachelors in Computer Science or relevant field (ideal)
- You have demonstrated experience in profile and performance tuning skills and site reliability engineering
- You will have demonstrated experience with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, Dynatrace, GIT etc.
- You have a track record of software development, preferably using a JVM language
- You are experienced in building scalable, fault tolerant, distributed backend systems, preferably on AWS
- You have the ability to build testable, decoupled, maintainable high-quality production code
- You have prior demonstrated experience with automation, continuous integration & delivery practices, web development
- Interest in metrics, monitoring and data visualization coupled with evolving large relational databases
- The ability to identify production performance or latency problems and trace the root causes across the system
- The ability to simulate load and observe system behavior before production releases
- Applications and systems that are fault tolerant
- The ability to migrate high throughput databases with zero down-time
- It is expected that you will spend at least 50% of their time building software
- Build or provision tools that empower engineers to measure performance and identify instability
- Collaborate with product owners to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers
- Participate in the evolution of the overarching payment platform architecture
- Build and execute performance simulations
- Ensure systems are fault tolerant through failure testing
- Troubleshooting production performance issues
- Rewriting application code for improved performance and/or reliability
- Clean code, reliability and continually strive to reduce complexity
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kenny Nerlekar on 03 8680 4202. Please quote our job reference number: 200169729.
Reference Number: 200169729_3
How to Apply?
Click on the link below