Technical/ Architecture Java Lead
- Melbourne CBD
- Fantastic Fin/ Tech Product Development organisation
- Work with a multi functional Data/ Risk Team
Technical/ Architecture Java Lead, thought leadershp, high volume, real time apps, algorithms, rules engines, drools, machine learning, Melb CBD
This is an opportunity to join a unique business, solving a worldwide problem utilizing technology to build bespoke systems on a global scale. This role will suit a Technology Lead/ Thought Leader who is a bigger picture type thinker, someone who wants to make an impact and is happy to be involved in all areas of Risk/ Decisioning and Security.
You will have strong prior knowledge/ commercial experience with cool, innovative and cutting edge software solutions that will be data-driven and carry real-time finance decision capability. You will be a data-driven thought leader within the organisation, responsible for prototyping and delivering production ready software.
- Prototype and develop rules and scoring based (predictive models and scorecards) systems to support real time transaction risk assessment, fraud detection and other functions
- Research and prototype machine learning based approach for transaction decisioning
- Participate in the evolution of the overarching payment platform architecture through the architecture working group
- Collaborate with product owners to build efficient and reliable feature implementations that will delight our customers whilst managing the risk of the business
- Maintain and author backend data services to underpin decisioning systems
- Maintain a high-fidelity suite of automated tests
- Ensure that story estimates and code reviews are completed in a timely manner
- Foster the use of the agile software process
- Care about clean code, reliability and continually fight to reduce complexity
- 5 + years of commercial experience as a Tech Lead with cutting edge payment software solutions that will be data-driven and carry real-time finance decision capability
- A first hand understanding of the trade-offs between rules, scorecards and machine learning decisioning
- Strong software engineering fundamentals with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated commercial experience building data-driven decision systems
- Expert in rules engines, including rules definition and management, preferably experienced with Drools
- A track record of software development, preferably using Java or a JVM language
- Able to build testable, decoupled, maintainable high-quality production code
- The ability to build real-time distributed software-as-a-service systems
- You are passionate about agile processes, data-driven development, reliability and validated learning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or relevant field (ideal)
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Kenny Nerlekar on 03 8680 4202. Please quote our job reference number: 200169426.
Reference Number: 200169426_12
How to Apply?
Click on the link below