Datastage Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBD
- Responsible for developing tooling to support continuous delivery
- Removing manual tasks using automation; DevOps experience preferred
- Permanent position with a market leading Financial Services company
You will build out and maintain the Datastage platform for various technical teams to consume, automating repetitive tasks where possible.
Are you a Systems Engineer with strong Datastage platform engineering experience? If the answer is yes, this large Australian Financial Services company is looking for you...
We are looking for curious and tenacious Platform/Software/Systems Engineers who love to solve technical problems. This position is all about improving the platform for internal customers for example by using automation via scripting.
Your role will include the following responsibilities:
- Drive and deliver scripting for the platform
- Take ownership for the execution of platform service management activities
- Be recognised as an SME for the platform from a technical, functional and non-functional perspective
- Understand business objectives and design end-to-end solutions to address them
- Use your analytical mindset to drive decisions based on data
- Participate in the full lifecycle of agile projects
- Developing and improving the engineering capability for the team and platform
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in platform, infrastructure and/or vendor application development
- Experience in Datastage systems engineering (bonus if you also have Teradata experience)
- Strong scripting skills in Python, Bash/shell, or PowerShell
- Experience in automation and configuration management tools
- Experience of tooling
- Experience analysing systems, designing, developing and testing solutions in a dynamic Agile environment
- Operational experience supporting highly available systems
- Developing tooling for improving processes and to support continuous delivery, change automation and ITIL
- Driving the removal of manual tasks using automation
- Previous experience in a level 3 engineering support role
- Experience delivering fast paced, agile, cross discipline projects
- Devops experience would be highly regarded
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact James Perry on 02 94645805. Please quote our job reference number: 200173625.
Reference Number: 200173625_2
How to Apply?
Click on the link below