- 4 June 2018 08:38
Ricoh Australia Streamlines Direct-to-Garment Printing With New Range of Solutions Deisgned to Support Business Innovation
Sydney, 4 June 2018 - Ricoh, a leading provider of smart workplace technology, has launched a new, affordable range of Direct-to-Garment (DTG) printers which enable users to rapidly and easily produce high-quality applications on a variety of fabrics through a compelling mix of ease of use and high-quality outputs. The new DTG printers suit creative entrepreneurs as well as established print businesses looking to provide additional value to their customers.
The Ri 100 entry-level all-in-one printer combines high-quality output at an affordable price and is designed for those with low-volume printing needs such as schools, small businesses, sports clubs and charity or promotional organisations. The DTG devices allow a business to easily produce on-demand promotional and personalised items such as light coloured T-shirts, cloth bags and sweatshirts on a wide range of blended materials with 50 per cent cotton or more.
The Ri 100 also incorporates versatile Ricoh piezo-electric inkjet technology to deliver crisp, high-quality prints. The integrated variable drop size technology enables the printing of detailed designs and photographs with smooth gradations at 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution.
In addition, the Ricoh Ri 100 uses state-of-the-art inkjet technology to print designs and photographs directly onto garments, allowing a business to create a unique products for a customer to take away immediately. In addition, since all printing is on-demand, a business need only keep a minimum stock of substrates on-hand.
Users benefit from multiple advantages including:
- Compact size: The unit has a small footprint and can fit into a space as small as 40 x 70 cm, making it one of the smallest DTG printers on the market. The printer and its heating system can also be stacked to maximise functionality without sacrificing valuable space.
- Easy-to-operate: Whether you are an experienced garment-printing professional or beginner, Ricoh’s Design Software allows you to edit images before printing, without the need for any specialised knowledge or skills.
- High-quality output: Crisp and detailed, high-quality prints can be rapidly created thanks to Ricoh’s inkjet technology. It’s possible to preserve the look and feel of natural fabrics with vibrant, colour-fast prints using ecofriendly, water-based pigment inks.
- Rapid ROI: The Ri 100 represents an affordable, low-risk investment that delivers high value and a very fast ROI. It allows a very cost-effective start to garment-printing as there are no additional setup expenses.
- Easy operation and maintenance: The unit is very easy to use and there is no compromise when it comes to safety. The intuitive design allows an operator to prepare, print and cure outputs quickly and safely. Periodic maintenance is carried out through a simple process with users guided by a system prompt.
Ri 3000 and Ri 6000 professional-grade DTG printers
The new Ricoh DTG range also includes the Ricoh Ri 3000 and Ri 6000 printers which have been designed to meet the needs of established garment-printing businesses. Both can print on a wide range of materials from 100 per cent cotton and 100 per cent light polyester to mixed cotton fabrics with up to 50/50 blends.
Both units incorporate Ricoh’s piezo-electric printhead technology. These industrial-grade printheads have a robust stainless-steel architecture that delivers high levels of durability and longevity that supports market-leading performance
The systems also include user-friendly maintenance features such as an automatic ink circulation system for white channels that improves ink flow and increases performance. Print workflows are easily managed too, with a 18cm, touch-enabled operation panel.
Up to 600 dpi-resolution prints can be created that make designs on both light and dark garments come to life with CMYK plus two white ink channels. Also, the eco-friendly, water-based inks give designs and photos soft and vibrant colours.
The units also allow the print process to be simplified, thanks to Ricoh’s AnaRIP software. This processes images in seconds and reduces the time required to prepare print jobs by eliminating colour separation. AnaRIP also allows a user to control the ink volume used during production, using multiple quality controls. At the same time, AnaRIP TrueView can reduce production costs by minimising the risk of production failures. TrueView automatically adjusts colours on the monitor based on material colour so an operator can be sure that what they see is what they will get.
Operations can also be more sustainable, thanks to features such as Ricoh’s patented closed-loop delivery system that reduces ink waste. Also, the automated print head cleaning and ink maintenance systems reduce operator maintenance time.
“These new DTG printers now enable printers to meet the needs of customers by delivering the high-quality output that comes as a result of the combination of Ricoh innovation and engineering,” said Simon Lane, Country Manager, Commercial & Industrial Printing Solutions, Ricoh Australia. “As busineses of all sizes grapple with the impact of digital disruption, we continue to invest in the industrial print market and make it easier for our customers to grow, improve, modernise and advance their businesses.”
For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions for the commercial and industrial printing solutions market, please visit www.ricoh.com.au
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services enabling individuals to work smarter. For more than 80 years, Ricoh has been driving innovation and is a leading provider of document management solutions, IT Services, commercial and industrial printing solutions, digital cameras and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2018, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,063 billion yen (approx. 19.4 billion USD).
For further information, please visit: http://www.ricoh.com.au
© 2018 RICOH COMPANY, LTD. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.