- 22 June 2018 09:31
AIIA QLD iAwards showcases excellence in Australian innovation
Brisbane, Australia – 21 June 2018 -- The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA), the nation’s peak industry body for the technology sector, has today announced the Queensland iAwards winners for 2018. AIIA’s iAwards, now celebrating 25 years, is Australia’s leading awards program for innovation in the digital economy.
Awards were presented in categories comprising Business Service Markets, Community Service Markets, Consumer Markets, Industrial & Primary Industries, Infrastructure & Platforms, Public Sector & Government, Research & Development, Startups, Students, and the Queensland Premier’s iAward for Public Sector Innovation.
Minister for Innovation, Kate Jones, presented the Australian eHealth Research Centre (AEHRC) & CSIRO with the Queensland Premier’s iAward for Public Sector Innovation at tonight’s gala event, and congratulated the winners and merit recipients across all categories.
“The Palaszczuk Government is proud to support the iAwards, which for the past 25 years have recognised excellence in innovation,” she said.
“The awards highlight the best in technology and recognise how technology has a positive impact on people - through their work, their lives and through the provision of services.”
Rob Fitzpatrick, AIIA CEO, said the 2018 finalists added to the iAwards’ legacy of recognising the important work being done in Australian innovation.
"AIIA would like to congratulate the winners and merit recipients of the 2018 Queensland iAwards.
"Each year the iAwards publicly recognise the exceptional achievements of those at the forefront of Australian innovation, and the projects shaping our modern economy. We're proud to provide a platform for, and encouragement to people prepared to bring an idea to life, enabled by technology. Whether they're in startups, the public sector, community services, academia, or private enterprise, small and large, the work of the finalists is an inspiration to us all," he said.
Winners and merit recipients across all categories will go on to represent Queensland and compete at the National iAwards. National winners will be announced on 30 August 2018 at the prestigious National iAwards Gala Dinner and Ceremony, held in Melbourne, which will be attended by startups, innovators, investors, business and community leaders, and federal and state politicians.
The 2018 Queensland iAwards winners and merit recipients are:
Queensland Premier's iAward for Public Sector Innovation
▪ Australian eHealth Research Centre (AEHRC) & CSIRO – mobile-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Platform (m-PR) (winner) Business Service Markets
▪ V2i Group – V2i Realtime (winner) ▪ Calxa Australia – The Invisible Accountant (merit) ▪ Codebots – Codebots Platform (merit) Community Service Markets
▪ RFDS (Queensland Section) and Buckham & Duffy – H.A.L.O. (winner) ▪ Osler Technology – Osler Clinical Portfolio (winner) ▪ CSIRO & Metro South Health – PD-Buddy: Support for Peritoneal Dialysis Patients (merit) Consumer Markets
▪ Your Digital File – Cryptoloc Encryption Algorithm (winner) Industrial & Primary Industries
▪ CSIRO's Data61 – Hovermap (winner)
Infrastructure & Platforms Innovation of the Year
▪ Codebots – Codebots Platform (winner) ▪ Department of Housing and Public Works – Queensland Government MyAccount (merit) ▪ Your Digital File – Cryptoloc Encryption Algorithm (merit)
▪ Manly State School – Hands Free Hydration (winner)
Public Sector & Government
▪ Australian eHealth Research Centre (AEHRC) & CSIRO – mobile-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Platform (m-PR) (winner) ▪ Department of Housing and Public Works – Queensland Government MyAccount (merit) ▪ Sunshine Coast Council – 3D Visualisation & Mixed Reality (merit)
Research & Development Project of the Year
▪ V2i Group – V2i Realtime (winner) ▪ Australian eHealth Research Centre (AEHRC) & CSIRO – mobile-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Platform (m-PR) (merit) ▪ CSIRO & Metro South Health – PD-Buddy: Support for Peritoneal Dialysis Patients (merit)
▪ Villanova College – StudentCafe Plus (winner)
Startup of the Year
▪ Codebots – Codebots Platform (winner) ▪ Yodal – Yodal (merit)
AIIA’s iAwards program is a critical platform, demonstrating the impact that its members and the broader technology sector are driving to improve Australia’s social and economic prosperity. In the age of the ‘ideas boom’, the impact of the technology sector that AIIA represents is more crucial to Australia’s future than ever before.
The 2018 iAwards is proudly supported by Major National iAwards Partner the Victorian Government, National Program Sponsors Informed Solutions and AuDA, Major PitchFest Sponsor CSIRO’s Data61, PitchFest Venue Sponsor Cisco, and Platinum Table Sponsor Gartner. The Queensland Premier's iAward for Public Sector Innovation is sponsored by the Queensland Government. Sponsors of the 2018 Queensland iAwards include Platinum Sponsor NBN Business, and Bronze Table Sponsors Cisco and Dimension Data.