- 27 May 2004 15:26
Transform training programs into business opportunities with the new WebEx Training Center service
Melbourne, 27 May, 2004 - WebEx Communications has launched a new version of its award-winning WebEx Training Center service that allows companies to transform corporate training programs into strategic lines of business. With its new integrated e-commerce system, advanced tracking and reporting capabilities and automated resource planning, the latest WebEx Training Center service helps companies decrease the cost of delivering training and create new revenue opportunities through fee-based training programs.
"The market for live online e-learning is expanding as corporate customers look for integrated services that include multimedia communications, e-commerce, learner tracking, simulation labs and enterprise administration," said Josh Bersin, principal, Bersin and Associates, a noted authority on implementation and best-practices in corporate e-learning. "The new WebEx Training Center sets a new standard for integrated online training services."
WebEx Training Center's new e-commerce capabilities enable training departments to allocate costs across the organisation or convert programs into new business opportunities by delivering premium, fee-based online training to customers and partners. The e-commerce system allows attendees to use employee or customer account numbers, credit card information and even training coupons for bundled or discounted training offers.
The new WebEx Training Center service supports continuous learning so trainers can develop programs that mix on-demand learning, interactive online classroom instruction and individual tutoring with remote access to centralised computer lab. The new integrated resource planning capabilities makes tracking and managing resources including trainers, online training materials, and physical resources simple and efficient.
"The new WebEx Training Center service offers comprehensive capabilities to enable training organisations to effectively align programs to measurable business objectives," said Min Zhu, president and CTO, WebEx Communications.
The new WebEx Training Center service includes capabilities specifically designed to help companies create new business opportunities from training. These new capabilities include:
- Automated e-commerce - self-service registration, billing and payments allow companies to easily transform training programs into strategic revenue centres
- Hands-on lab - leverage existing physical resources by virtually bringing the lab to the learner. Provide individualised, online access to corporate lab resources during live or on-demand training sessions
- Multilingual support - deliver training around the world with support for multiple languages (French, German, Japanese and Chinese) within a single training session
- Cross - platform support - Train users across Windows, Macintosh, Linux and Solaris client platforms with a single training session.
Tracking and measuring training effectiveness is even easier with the new WebEx Training Center service. The new reporting and tracking capabilities include:
- Integrated testing and grading - administer comprehensive tests and automatically track individual performance before, during and after training sessions
- Comprehensive reports - extensive reporting capabilities to easily measure and communicate effectiveness of various training programs. Detailed usage reports of live, recorded, on-demand and hands-on lab sessions
- Learner training profile - individuals can review a personal profile that details training by courses, certifications and instructors.
The new WebEx Training Center helps training providers improve operational efficiencies. The new capabilities include:
- Automated resource planning - track and optimise training resources including trainers, course materials, learning lab resources, testing and subject matter experts
- On-demand learning - versatile delivery options allow organisations to provide corporate training in the most efficient manner
- Comprehensive enterprise integration - leverage existing infrastructures of global telephony, Microsoft Outlook, IBM Lotus, messaging and directory systems with extensive APIs library.
The e-commerce, tracking and resource planning capabilities add to WebEx Training Center’s extensive list of communications capabilities. WebEx Training Center’s existing capabilities:
- WebEx trainer’s dashboard - powerful controls specifically designed to enhance the management and coordination of training sessions, makes pre-event coordination, in-session controls, and even post-event follow-up, as easy as clicking one button
- Multimedia training content - the WebEx MediaTone Network allows high-speed sharing of rich media content, including 3D objects, Flash files, streaming video and audio while retaining control to start, stop, pause, reverse and fast forward
- Video integration - supports video conferencing with just a browser and an inexpensive webcam. WebEx Training Center also supports feeds from a broad range of video technologies including standard video camcorders
- Application sharing - share applications and desktops in real-time through the browser
- Multiple panelists - enable multiple trainers to collaboratively train during a single session
- Simultaneously share multiple documents or presentations - share multiple documents, whiteboards and presentations at the same time with the ability to switch back and forth between them
- Breakout sessions - conduct multiple, simultaneous breakout sessions and allow learners to collaborate on a remote application or document
- Integrated telephony and VoIP - Use a telephone or voice-over-IP for the audio portion of your training session
- Threaded Q&A - interact with learners via a threaded chat feature that identifies learner questions and corresponding answers
- Open APIs - an open service platform allows partners and solutions providers in the content management, training management and self-paced training markets, to fully integrate with the service.
For more information or view an online demonstration, go to http://webex.com/services_trainingcenter.html
WebEx Training Center has won the prestigious Best Product award from Training Magazine, the Top Training Product Award from Human Resource Executive and been awarded the highest rating, four out of four stars, by Training Media Review (TMR).
WebEx manages a global network over which it delivers a range of web communications services including services for web conferencing, web-based support, remote training and online events. WebEx provides its services to corporations, technology companies and telecommunication providers worldwide. All of WebEx’s services are built on the MediaTone communications platform and delivered through the WebEx MediaTone Network, the only global network specifically designed for web communications.
About WebEx Communications
WebEx Communications, Inc. is the world’s leading provider of Web communications services. WebEx is used across the enterprise in sales, support, training, marketing, engineering and product design. WebEx provides carrier-class services using its MediaTone communications platform deployed over the WebEx MediaTone Network. With its unique information-switching technology, multimedia capabilities and standards-based APIs, MediaTone is the "dial tone" for Web communications. WebEx Communications is based in San Jose, California and has regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. Please call toll free (877) 509-3239 or visit http://www.webex.com for more information.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements may be identified by use of the terms anticipates, believes, continue, could, estimates, expects, intends, may, plans, potential, predicts, should or will, or the negative of those terms or similar expressions. These forward-looking statements are subject to significant risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those described in such statements as a result of these risks and uncertainties. In particular, these forward looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements that the WebEx Training Center service helps companies decrease the cost of delivering training and create new revenue opportunities through fee-based training programs. Factors which could contribute to risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the failure of customers to effectively utilize the WebEx Training Center service in their business, to provide revenue generating services based on the WebEx Training Center service, or to reduce their other expenses. A fuller discussion of the risks and uncertainties that could affect WebEx Communications, Inc. are more fully set forth in WebEx Communications, Inc.’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including WebEx’s Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on May 10, 2004. WebEx Communications, Inc. assumes no obligation to update forward-looking information contained in this press release.
MediaTone is a trademark of WebEx Communications, Inc All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners